Monday 5 June 2017

Custom Rick Toone Headless, fan-fretted T2 Telecaster

guitarz.blogspot.com:






I'm not going to get into too much detail. The pictures speak for themselves on this one. Either you love when some one takes a tried and true design and turns it into a unique beast, or you hate it. There is rarely someone in the middle on these issues.

This Rick Toone T2  is designed to be polarizing. The craftsmanship may speak for itself. It looks extremely well made and has all the elements of a great guitar.

What I'm mostly offended by is the price, $17500 US.

Admittedly I know very little about the Luthier Rick Toone apart from the fact that I've heard his name before, and have seen one or two of his more ergonomic offerings.

Has anyone here own/played one of his guitars? Is it worth the hefty price tag?

R.W. Haller


© 2016, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

3 comments:

  1. Worth the price tag? No, not really.

    But the fact is, Rick Toone is in a position where he can charge whatever he wants - He's the only person on the planet doing what he's doing to the level of quality that he is doing it.

    He also produces very, very few instruments per year and so extremely high prices are how he largely provides for giving himself a reasonable income instead of churning out project after project for half the cost.

    I wouldn't buy one, but I'm glad other people would, because Toone's ideas are slowly filtering through into the rest of the guitar building world and are actually getting to be rather influential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gavin, it's fairly obvious that yourself and Mr. Heller are too busy with other things at the moment, since I'm currently unemployed, and when I'm not looking for jobs I spend a lot of time looking for odd guitars that I couldn't possibly afford, so is there any chance you might let me post on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You blog provide a very important details about the best acoustic guitars and i really appreciate it.
    best acoustic guitars for beginners

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis