Saturday 14 March 2015

Handmade guitar with built in Roland Synth

guitarz.blogspot.com:






This hand built guitar doesn't really blow me away where quality or design is concerned. It lands somewhere between an average job by an experienced luthier or a good job by someone with some tools in their garage. I do like that they were trying to build a guitar with the built in Roland pick up, and the neck through design could lend itself well to the over all sound of this guitar.

All that said, at $300 this thing is a great deal. If it's not a player, it's easily worth that in parts.

R.W. Haller


© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

3 comments:

  1. That's a commendable job on a very ambitious project. Don't see why it would not be a fair player (although I guess you might have tuning issues with that headstock string spread, especially on the D and G)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand that they have essentially built it to look just like the old Roland G303 anyway... why not do something different. But hey ho...

    http://www.roland-museum.de/gitbs/html/G808/Roland_G808_or2b.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anthony, I agree. It's better than the credit I gave it. I may have been in a bad mood that day. That was the day my computer went slightly kaput, that may have had an influence on my mood.

    Graham, it would have been nice as a different design. I agree

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis