Thursday 19 April 2012

Vintage & Rare guitar of the week: Lanzi Mk1 Rick Bass from Argentina

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Lanzi Instruments of Argentina build handmade basses, guitars and amplifiers, the business having been started - initially as a hobby - in the 1960s by Alfred Lanzi. The passion passed from father to son and now it is Gabriel Lanzi who has keeps the business alive. An industrial designer, his constant quest is to "reach the ideal mix of aesthetics, comfort and good sound."

I particularly like this Lanzi Mk1 Rick bass (hhhmmmmm, I wonder where that name came from?), which I think adds a little humour into Lanzi's mix of aesthetics, comfort and good sound! It's almost a Distortocaster-like take on a certain classic American bass.

This bass in Black Gloss finish (I dare not call it "Jetglo") is currently available via Vintage & Rare, although interested parties will need to call for a price.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, guys. I like the flowy lines of this bass. I just wish the pickguard was more so. It's certainly less squarish and straight-line than the Rickenbacker 4001/4003 pickguard which is boringly straight. But I wish Lanzi had pushed it further. Though it's certainly a nice revision. Thanks for featuring it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis