Saturday 7 April 2012

late 1970s Hopf Studio


I love this horned little devil Hopf Studio, I always enjoy a SG line with slightly longer and thiner horns, it makes it look feral and elegant at the same time.

Like most vintage Hopf solid body guitars, the Studio is poorly documented on the Internet, but for what I could find, these are not the original pickups - it should be very German looking single coils -, neither are the knobs.

The jaguar-esque trem and roll bridge are like usually very cool, and the glossy walnut finish reminds me of the furniture in my grandmother's dining room (the formica, more reminiscent of vintage Italian guitars was in the rest of the house, but the dining table was lacquered and polished dark wood). 

Bertram D

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis