Monday 3 August 2009

Danelectro Teardrop acoustic

This teardrop-shaped guitar from Danelectro looks like it has something missing. "Where are the pickups and volume and tone controls?", I want to ask. Of course, it's an acoustic guitar - the teardrop shape is reminiscent of a lute, but I'm not used to the idea of Danelectro acoustics - I'm more used to their masonite-on-a-pine-frame-bodied electrics. It looks to be a nicely-made guitar with no masonite to be seen, but I wonder about how full an acoustic tone it has.

1 comment:

  1. I believe these acoustics are actually electric bodies imported from Japan put together with spare parts after the closure of Danelectro in the seventies. They used to turn up a lot.See FatDawg.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis